Monday, January 16, 2006

Get used to it!


Ike had a vet appt this morning for his annual exam. He did really well, although we learned he went from 19.9 lbs to 20.5 lbs. Must have been all those Christmas treats! I was told to bring in a poop sample. Well, if you know me at all you know I'm a prissy girl. That being said, I don't do poop. More power to ya if you can pick up warm poop with a plastic bag. Bleh. So I took a bath tissue roll and stuffed the end with tissue. Then I scooped up his morning poop- not easy as he s&!ts and spins all over the yard- in the tissue roll. I stuffed the other end with tissue so it couldn't roll out and popped it in a bag. I gave the sample to the vet tech who laughed and told me she'd never been presented with a sample in that manner. Then she went off to test it. I was in the exam room and could hear all the vet ladies laughing about my poop aversion. One advised that "If she's adopting babies she better get used to poop fast!" I hope what they say is true- that it is different when it is your own child's poop. I just don't think I'll be able to pack a HAZ MAT kit in my diaper bag- tongs, plastic bags, oxygen mask and all!

No comments: