Monday, October 17, 2005

Oh what a knight


One of my favorite parts of a road trip are the roadside attractions. I love being on a loosy goosy schedule so I can pull over at whim. We stopped for our first gas up on the way to Atlanta Saturday and saw a castle across the street. So we had to go investigate! It was an abandoned video gambling joint. (Video gambling was legal in SC for a minute then all the sudden wasn't legal so there are tons of odd themed buildings abandoned or converted across the state. For some reason a lot of them went with the castle theme.) Let me tell you, we tried to come up with a plan to strap the knights in shining armour to Jorge's roof but being that they were like 20 feet tall and probably weighed 63 tons, it wasn't in the cards. I just didn't have enough bungee cords.

No comments: