Sunday, July 24, 2005

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I go

I need to get in shape before going to China. I want to be able to carry a baby around with ease while touring the cities. And, I just need to get in shape. So I was thinking about what I like to do that counts as excersize and came up with roller skating and bike riding. I have skates, it's just finding skate partners that's hard. Plus you have to pay the rink and it becomes a whole event. So on top of that I needed something I could do around here, for free, at any time of day. So Jon and I started looking at bikes for me. He's already outfitted with a good bike and even those weird little clip on shoes that clip to the pedals. He's into it. I wanted a bike that I didn't have to lay down on to ride, with a big cushy seat to hold my big cushy seat. We found the Electra bikes and I found a local store to order one in for me. We picked it up yesterday and the bike dude even put on a bell and removable basket for me. I LOVE IT SO MUCH! It is so comfy to ride and my purse fits in the basket along with a water bottle. And when I stop I can stand straight up on the ground without falling off (short legs). I should be a super model by this time next week. ;)

No comments: