Sunday, July 03, 2005

30 Days

Have you seen the show 30 Days on FX? It's by Morgan Spurlock, the dude behind Super Size Me. Each week either Morgan or someone else tries something out for 30 days. It is very interesting. We just watched last week's episode about a Christian living with Muslims for 30 days. Who knew? There's so much that I learned about Islam. I may even read the Quran. I've always been interested in religions, and this episode just proves again that fear comes from ignorance.
One of the other episodes we really liked was when Morgan and his fiancee lived for 30 days on minimum wage. Holy smokes. I don't see how people can do it. Amazing.
It makes me wonder...what could I do for 30 days? I'd love to live in another country, experience another culture. I'd like to try living in alternative housing- like a houseboat. I'd try being a missionary, or work with Greenpeace or something. I wonder if they'd let me try being rich and famous for 30 days. I bet that's not all it's cracked up to be!

What would you do for 30 days?

No comments: