Monday, August 29, 2005

Quandry


So a couple of people have asked me why don't I put a Paypal button on my site to accept donations toward the adoption. I haven't done this yet because I'm torn. Some people will look at that and think if we can't afford to adopt then we shouldn't do it. But that means we won't have a family. We spent all our savings over the last year dealing with my medical bills (3 hospital visits, 2 surgeries) and then we found out we couldn't get pregnant. So adoption is our next option- and we've really embraced it. I have never been good at asking for money, even when it's offered up. We do have a seperate account set up at ING for the adoption and we're saving like crazy and budgeting like mad. But we still have to live our lives and that means periodically we might get Chinese take out or see a movie. That's another reason why I haven't posted the button. I don't want people thinking we're spending their money on foolish things. We're gonna make this adoption happen, no matter what. If people want to help, well, that just blows me away. Such kindness from people who may never meet Ling Ling in real life, but would like to see her come home. I am so grateful to those kind folks who have helped already. So I'll ask you my dear bloggy friends, and please be honest, would it seem like panhandling if I put a Paypal button up? Or should I just continue to accept donations via the mail?

No comments: