Saturday, August 05, 2006

Rats & crocs & coons, oh my!


Today I met Susan & Olivia and my sister Sara & my nephews at Chuck E. Chee$e. The kids haven't seen each other since April but got along famously. In fact, they'd only been together 5 minutes and Miss O was ready to plant kisses on Joey! After a quick lunch of cardboard pizza, we watched as the kids played on all the rides. Good thing there was one adult per kid cause on a Saturday it seemed like every man, woman, and child was there for a birthday party and keeping up with the kids was a challenge. Three hours later and we were mercifully ready to leave. It was a lot of fun though, and I can't wait for the next play date.

Then tonight CSP and I went to his parents' house for my birthday dinner. During dinner one of the racoons my FIL feeds came right up to the picture window and stood up on his little hind legs and banged on the window. I wish I'd had my camera handy! My MIL made a fabulous cheesecake (I'm not a standard cake fan) . After dinner and cake I opened presents and was thrilled to receive brown Crocs Mary Janes, a purse shaped emory board, a cool handpainted hangy star, and a neat luggage tag. Gotta love stretching out your birthday!

No comments: