Sunday, August 20, 2006

Baby, Blog & Barf Milestones

Today is special for 2 reasons: Olivia has been home 6 months and I've been blogging for 5 years.

Last night I attended a fun fun cookout over at Susan, Will, & Olivia's house to celebrate their first 6 months as a family. We had a great time and Miss O showed me all kinds of lovin. Here she is wanting "Up pease" again. When I walked in she held her arms right up for me to pick her up. When I did she gave me a big hug and patted me on the back. So sweet! We had a lot of fun and I really enjoyed meeting new people and seeing familiar faces. I met Lee and his mom. Lee was adopted from China and has been home since April. His mom's done an amazing job teaching Lee sign language. He signs when he needs a diaper change! At one point he came over and signed that he needed help with a toy. What a great way to avoid tantrums and increase communication! I've been wanting to teach Ling Ling sign language when she comes home (and re-learn myself- I took a few classes in college) but after seeing it in action with Lee & Olivia I'm totally convinced!

Today marks 5 years of blogging! I started over here (which doesn't show up online anymore for some reason, but at least my old posts are still in Blogger's database) as an easy way to journal married life. I moved here (same thing, not showing up) for a while, then came here where we are today. My "journal" is certainly more than just married life talk now. This blog has been therapy through 5 years of marriage, infertility, multiple surgeries, home purchases and sales, and a whole lot of good times. Here's to the next 5 years, which will include Ling Ling coming home, big changes for us as a family, and one last (hopefully) blog move. I plan to go password protected at some point to protect LL's privacy (and mine & CSP's too). I know that's a little nutty of an idea when it comes to putting your life in print on the internet, but hey, you take what you can get right?

Now we get to the barf portion of our program. I was at my Mom's house yesterday lounging on the sofa. Molly was tearing around at Mach 3. She stopped and gulped down way too much water then hopped up on me and promptly puked all over me. It got all in my hair, ear, and all down my shirt. Bleh. I was running upstairs when my mom insisted on taking a photo. She said "You can blog about this!". I wasn't convinced a photo of pug puke would be something you'd like to view, so the photo remains in my personal collection. Lucky me!

No comments: