Saturday, August 26, 2006

Mole Hole

Thursday I went and had a mole removed from my cheek. The whole experience was quick and rather anti-climactic. My mom went with to take pictures. She usually shaves off her own moles and was interested to see how the pros do it. So here's what happened:
The before shot: Can you see it there on my cheek? The color used to be darker and it has grown a white ring around it. Odd.
The nurse numbed me with a shot. She lied and told me there would be a little pinch and a bit of stinging. The little pinch was right, the bit of stinging felt like I was under attack from an army of wasps! The shot made my mole raise up so they could really get to it.
Then the Dr. just shaved it off with a razor blade.
Took no time at all and I didn't feel a thing.
That was it.
Now I have to wear a band aid on my face for a week. Sexy.

In other doctor news, I had my follow up appt with my sleep dr. yesterday. He said I had/have "horrendous" sleep apnea. They assign a number to it to show how severe it is. 0-25 is moderate, 26-50 is severe, 50-75 is very severe and so on. My number? 125! Holy canoli! No wonder I was tired all the time! He showed me a chart from my sleep study (that he wouldn't let me photograph. Hmph!) and said the blue line indicated when my brain was agitated and I was waking up while sleeping, and the green space was normal sleep activity. When I was "sleeping" it was a solid blue space. Pitiful. Then when they put me on the mask that night my number dropped to 5! And my chart showed lots of green! He said it was probably the first decent few hours of sleep I've had in many years. I tell ya, I do feel so much better. No more morning headaches from not sleeping. No more of that hangover feeling. My blood pressure has even come down. And I'm so used to my machine now I can't even tell the power is on sometimes. God bless the creator of the CPAP machine!

No comments: