Sunday, March 26, 2006

Answers

Sandy asked: Do you ever make your own beads? I love your jewelry. How did you learn to make it?
Thank you Sandy! Ok, no I don't make my own beads. I don't have the patience to put all that work into something so teeny.
I learned how to make earrings and attach a clasp for a bracelet or necklace at a bead store one day. Customers were supposed to sign up for classes, but the girl working there was so nice. She just showed me and a friend how to do it during a slow period at the store. Took 5-10 minutes and then the boss was back so she couldn't show us anymore. Everything else I've learned from books or trial and error.

Alfred's Mom asked: Have you shared how you and Jon met and started dating?
I think I told this story once a few years ago. In May Jon and I will be together 8 years. Whoa. That is so long to me! Ok, how we met...First I have to tell you who everyone is. Marc & I have been friends for 15 years. I met him when he was dating one of my roommates in school. Marc's roommate was Jon at the time. But we never met. Fast forward to 1998. Me, Marc and 5 other friends were all going on a cruise together. One of the other friends was a girl we'll call Betty. Betty was my roommate (a different one than the one Marc dated before) and was dating Marc (what can I say, the boy got around). Well Betty and Marc broke up after we'd all put $$ down on this cruise. Marc decided without telling any of the other cruisers that he would invite his friend Jon to go with us, then he could hang with Jon and avoid Betty. Well, this made me mad. Marc was forcing us to spend 10 days trapped on a boat with some dork none of us knew. Plus, I had already paid off my cruise and by adding another cruiser my cost went down and so Jon owed me $38. Marc said settle down you'll meet him at Kevin's birthday party, he's a nice guy, who knows y'all may even hook up. Whatever Marc.
So Kevin's birthday party comes around and I get to the party and demand to see this Jon guy. Someone points out a very tall fellow out by the keg. I marched up to him and asked if he was Jon.
Yeah, I'm Jon. Who are you?
I'm Shannon. Are you the guy going on the cruise with us?
Yeah.
Well, you owe me 38 bucks.
Back off. (and he kind off pushed me away with a couple fingers to my chest.)

This intrigued me. A boy who'll challenge me. And he was way cute. We stayed up all night talking. Literally. I went straight from Marc's house at 6:30 the next morning to run home and shower before being at work by 8. Before I left Jon asked if he could have my number and a kiss. Aw! Then I had a date that afternoon to see a college ballet production with some other boy. I could not wait to get out of there cause I knew Jon would be back at Marc's that night. He was and we stayed up all night talking again. I was hooked and knew I'd marry him. We went on that cruise 5 months later and had a fabulous time. We've been together ever since!

No comments: