Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Where are we?

Where are you in the process? is another question we get asked a lot. Perhaps we shouldn't have announced our plans to adopt so early. Maybe we should have waited until we were DTC (dossier to China) because in the 2 months since we've announced our plans our answer hasn't really changed much and that seems to disappoint people. Sorry it isn't more exciting, but I promise to update this blog every time something happens with the process.

So far:
March 27, 2005: we announce to our family and friends that we are adopting a little girl from China
May 3, 2005: we chose our agency. This took a loooong time as it is a big decision and there are, I don't know, 247 gajillion agencies out there.
June 7, 2005: today. That's it really. Nothing else has happened. We are going to our first seminar on Saturday with the agency, and that will answer a bunch of questions. We wanted to go to a seminar before applying, but we missed the May seminar.

So there's where we are. I promise to keep updating, there just hasn't been anything to update in the last 3 weeks. Between events we're still trying to save money, save money, save money as it is very expensive and we don't have $20,000 laying around. So our process may be slow, but we're getting there!

As far as the money situation goes, we'll get there. I have faith. But if you'd like to help out, without having to dip into your own wallet AND making a sweet free $25 for yourself, read on. ING Direct pays 3% right now on their Orange Savings Accounts. Doesn't sound like much but most money markets are only going for around 2.4%. They are FDIC insured, and there is no minimum to open an account. You can get in for just one dollar. $1 people. No fees. And here's the part you'll like. When you open an account they give you a $25 bonus for opening the account! That money has to stay in the account for 30 days then it's yours. The part I like (besides seeing wonderful people get free cash) is that if you open the account by clicking on the link in the email I'll send you- I'll get $10 for referring you. And Lingling's adoption account is $10 richer. Everyone wins. And the cycle can go on forever. You open your account and refer people and you'll get $10 every time your friends get their $25. Lisa started this whole thing with me, she got her $25, then $10 when I signed up. I got my $25 too. I would never lead you wrong. So, who's with me? If you'd like to help out, just email me at blessblog at yahoo.com or leave your email in my comments box and I'll send you a referral.

And for everyone who does this favor for me- you'll get a free pair of handmade earrings crafted just for you in your favorite colors by me. You'll be $25 richer and looking fab in your new jewels. You can't beat that with a bat.

No comments: