Saturday, June 25, 2005

Highlights of the past 48 hours

1. Had an interview with a mortgage company Friday. Arrived on time (yay!). Sat for 30 minutes answering questions like "Are you sure it was today?" and "What was your name again?" until they found my file. Then I was told my interviewer had a family emergency and wasn't there. Can you come back Monday? Oy.
2. Stopped by Old Navy to replace flip flops Kea ate. Found all flip flops were on sale so stocked up. 4 pairs of flip flops and a cool tote for $16. Sweet.
3. Searched the aisles of Target for almost an hour looking for suitable water bottle for husband. He's not a fan of the sport top. *We'd been refilling Deer Park water bottles until my sister Sara told me she read the plastic breaks down and you're drinking it. Ew. Finally found suitable water bottle. Bought 2 so we'd each have one for our night stands. Also bought myself a sport top water bottle with freezy insert. Jon gets home and complains that he doesn't have a sport top freezy bottle. Jeesh.
4. Did a happy dance upon finding Target had restocked the Jergens Natural Glow lotion. One day I will have a passable fake tan. Bought 2 bottles.
5. Tried on trendy peasant skirt and realized my body is not made for trendy peasant skirts. Had to pull waist band up to boobs so I could see my feet. Booty sticks out too far so back hem is shorter than front and it looks like I'm smuggling children under skirt. Became jealous of tiny girls who look so cute in flip flops, tank tops and peasant skirts.
6. Saw picture of Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen on cover of magazine in Target and wonder why they are so sad all the time. They never smile in pictures.
7. Remembered 3 things I was supposed to buy at Target- on drive home.
8. Picked Shannon up for dinner. Met sweetest dog of her's named Rascal.
9. Had great time at dinner at local Chinese restaurant I'd been wanting to try. Learned that some bartenders only know how to make one drink, even if they call it something different every time.
10. Went to Maggie Moos for dessert. Had fabulous chocolate cake batter ice cream. Whoever thought of mixing cake batter and ice cream is a genius.
11. Met up with friend Holly for linner (late lunch early dinner) today. Her daughter Asia joined us, as well as my Mom and Morgan. Holly, Asia and her husband are moving to Arizona (husband was transferred with job). Ate at Cheesecake Factory. Had fabulous time and laughed so much.
12. Just realized as I was typing #11 that I left Jon's cheesecake in car. Yikes!

No comments: