Friday, April 15, 2005

Ya'll got my back

You guys amaze me. You really do. If you ever want to know who really cares for you, who your friends are, and who's got your back, just dive right in and start on one of the most challenging adventures of your life. In our case it's adopting a baby from China. Why it's challenging is that we have no money. We have no money because we spent everything we had on medical bills and making up for missed wages this last year while I was operated on and/or was sick from fertility treatments. And then, as you now know, I lost my job. So now we're doing the logical thing and are trying to adopt at a price tag of around $20,000 after travel and all that. I know I'll get a new job, and we'll do everything possible to raise money. I'm not above having car washes and bake sales right in my yard if needed. When I want something I plow ahead, even if I don't have all the details ironed out. So I sent Easter cards and included announcements to family members that we're adopting from China. I figured if I told you guys and told our family and friends then we'd have to make it happen somehow. And then the most amazing things started happening. I'm trying not to cry as I type this. I'm just overwhelmed. First I told you guys all about our plans and you responded with the most amazing comments and emails. Then I got a card in the mail from my friend Holly letting us know how excited she and her husband and daughter are for us. She included a check for the baby fund for $100! Then I check the mail and receive the most amazing little book from an amazing woman- Andrea. It's called I love you like Crazy Cakes and it's about a woman who adopted from China. I have it on an easel in the den so we see it every day. Then my MIL comes over Sunday and sees the book and said she bought it for me too, for Mother's Day. But she has another one in mind for me. It just blows me away the support we're receiving. It touches my heart and keeps me motivated to bring Lingling home so I can send you her picture.

No comments: