Tuesday, April 19, 2005

***DISCLAIMER to swearing post below:

I do say ass, damn, and hell. On occasion I may say the s word, but I don't like to. I like a PG13 house. I do not condemn people who curse. It's not my place to judge, so I don't. My husband has a mouth like a sailor and I love him. My best friend swears with the best of them and tries to get me to say bad words. Peer pressure!

I just think that it loses it's effectiveness when people swear casually. If you are very angry and swear using the same words you used that morning to talk about your coffee, is your point made? Do you really get anyone's attention? Now, if I yell a swear word it's like the earth stops spinning for a moment and people actually say things like "OMG she just said bleep" and they pay attention to what I have to say. It's very effective.

I also think it's lazy and common. You can totally not pussyfoot around and still not use swear words. Come up with some better vocabulary words. You can't find some other way to describe what you're talking about than bleeping bleep bleep?

Now, this is just my opinion and if you want to tell me to bleep off then I understand. But don't expect a swear word retort from me. I'm the worst cusser and you'd probably hear something back like "Fine you shitblocker." And that just doesn't make a bit of sense to anyone.

No comments: