Monday, April 25, 2005

Local China Connection

Ok, so the picture has nothing to do with this post, but it's just so daggum cute. I took this picture of Jake a week ago on my Mom's stairs. I love this picture- he's very photogenic.



My Mil is a librarian and there is this older couple who volunteer at the library. Their son and his wife adopted a little girl from China. So information got passed around and I was able to talk to the son. He was so nice and offered tons of advice and information about the process. He even recommended his agency. They were so impressed with the agency when they adopted their little girl that they are going through the process again with the same agency. They brought Abby home at age 2 & 1/2 last August and are at the home study stage for child #2 right now. He said Abby is doing great. They adopted an older child because he is 50 and his wife is 45. Jon and I will hopefully be referred a much younger baby because we're younger. They are a really nice couple who are totally willing to help us and guide us through the process. I can't tell you how awesome that is! We've felt kind of alone in all this since we don't know anyone else in real life who's done this. We'll all be meeting up soon. I can't wait to see their little girl.



I hadn't spent much time thinking about the flight over to China until talking with that Dad. He told me it was 14 hours from Chicago, where they changed planes. And that because of the time changes that they took off at 12:30 pm and landed in China at 2:30 pm the same day! They were chasing the sun! The whole time zone thing blows my mind anyway, but what really boggles my brain is what are we going to do on a plane for 14 hours?! I can only sleep for so long. Will there be enough to drink? I'm a big drinker. It's been rumored that I snore and I don't want to bother people. I'm going to have to bring a BIG book that is remarkably interesting. Jon's going to go insane. He's 6' 5" and doesn't fit well into those seats as is. His knees get bruised because there's just not enough leg room. We may have to strap him to the wing!

No comments: