Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Story People

I discovered Story People at a tiny gallery in Blowing Rock, NC about 7 years ago. I became addicted. Brian Andreas is the artist and he creates prints, cards, sculpture, furniture, the works. But the thing that gets me in my heart are the words, the little stories. I gave this one to Jon on our first anniversary (paper anniversary). It is called No Words. It says:" I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand & the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep & there are no words for that." It summed up how much I love him- so much that it's almost more than I can stand. I visit the Story People site often, to catch up on new stories. I found one recently, called Such Small Things, that is serving as more motivation to bring Lingling home. It says: "For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever".

So go check out Story People. I bet you'll find something that says what you've been feeling. Oh, and bring tissues- you'll be teary eyed in no time!

No comments: