Saturday, April 16, 2005

Show Me The Money

So here's where I whore myself out to you, my dear readers, in the hopes that you'll spend just 4 minutes of your life doing something really painless that will make you money. See, I'm trying to get creative about raising money for our adoption while I'm looking for a job. I'm not sure of the legalities of walking around with a jar asking for money from strangers. But I say if the cashier at the kwicky mart can put out a jar with a picture taped to it why can't I? I need to fashion something I can wear around my neck with a picture of a Chinese baby. This is all so distasteful, even in theory, that I'm sure my homestudy social worker would love to get an earful.

So, where do you fit in? Well, ING Direct pays 3% right now on their Orange Savings Accounts. Doesn't sound like much but most money markets are only going for around 2.4%. They are FDIC insured, and there is no minimum to open an account. You can get in for just one dollar. $1 people. No fees. And here's the part you'll like. When you open an account they give you a $25 bonus for opening the account! That money has to stay in the account for 30 days then it's yours. The part I like (besides seeing wonderful people get free cash) is that if you open the account by clicking on the link in the email I'll send you- I'll get $10 for referring you. And Lingling's adoption account is $10 richer. Everyone wins. And the cycle can go on forever. You open your account and refer people and you'll get $10 every time your friends get their $25. Lisa started this whole thing with me, she got her $25, then $10 when I signed up. I got my $25 too. I would never lead you wrong. So, who's with me? If you'd like to help out, just email me at blessblog at yahoo.com or leave your email in my comments box and I'll send you a referral.

And for everyone who does this favor for me- you'll get a free pair of handmade earrings crafted just for you in your favorite colors by me. You'll be $25 richer and looking fab in your new jewels. You can't beat that with a bat.

No comments: