Saturday, November 05, 2005

Anatomy of a flapjack


Ok so apparently I used a term not many of you have heard of in my last post. I shall explain the origins of pancake skin. We like to go to this place called Courtney's for breakfast. We haven't been in a long while due to budgeting, but we did treat ourselves this week. I'd forgotten how big the pancakes are. I'd ordered one granola pancake to go with my scrambled eggs. I buttered and syruped it up and ate out all the buttered syruped granola'd bits leaving the fluffing stuffing pancake meat on the plate. Then I was full. Jon takes care of whatever I can't eat but he was less than thrilled to see I'd eaten all the good stuff (the skin) and left just the regular flavored meat behind. He ate it anyway, and he'd already eaten a full granola pancake of his own, so it's not like he survives on my scraps or anything.
So, no, it's not a SC thing. I think it's just an early in the morning term when you can't figure out what to call the good stuff brown part of the pancake vs. the plain pancake innards.

No comments: