Friday, September 01, 2006

BPOH Week 5 Pictures: Bathrooms

Welcome to the 5th week of Bloggy Parade of Homes!
For those of you who are just joining us, we are touring our readers through our homes, room by room. This week we are viewing bathrooms. If you'd like to play along please leave a comment that you've posted your pics, along with a link to your site and your email address so I can sign you up for reminders and updates. All those who are already participating are leaving comments that their pictures are posted. Go check out their homes!

*If you played along last week, or anytime really up til now, I've linked to you below. Except for Donna who is in China right now growing her family, & Mary Mia who just got her referral for twins! And is going to Australia! So they've got lots going on.

Check out the paraders below:
~ Elaine
~ Aimee
~ Lisa S.
~ Mrs. Gumby
~ Jacquie
~ Rachel
~ Julie
~ Michele
~ Judy
~ Jessica
~ Julie W.
~ Alfred's Mom
~ Sandy
~ Kendra
~ Gabs
~ Jesser
~ Ani
~Melissa
~ Heather
~ Sara
~ Lisa
~ Leah
~ Alyson
~ Connie
~ Priscilla
~Krista
~Giao
~Tiffany
~Jamie


Now, on to my house. (click to enlarge pictures)
We have 2 full baths and 1 half bath. Here are the before pics:
Master Bath:

Half bath:
Guest bath:

Half bath now: We took down the wallpaper, painted, replaced the ligh fixture, mirror, & faucet, put up beadboard, and I deco podged (sp?) those 3 little mirrors. I really like this bathroom now. Tres cute.

Guest bath now: We pulled down all the Disney decals and painted the walls the same silver sage green as the formal living room. We changed out all the hardware, mirror, and light fixture. I found the dragonfly wallies online and they went really well with the dragonfly shower curtain we'd already had. I really like the way this bathroom turned out too. I think it is nice and soothing and pretty.
Master bath now: We painted this bathroom atmosphere blue from Restoration Hardware via Lowes. We changed out the mirror and light fixtures. We also replaced all the cabinet hardware with knobs from IKEA. We put up a little ceiling fan in here and I just love having that. I LOVE having a big tub- a first for me (all previous tubs have been standard size).
Things I love about our bathrooms: that we got rid of those big plate mirrors. I think smaller mirrors with more personality can really give the room character. I like the little things we use for toothbrush/toothpaste holders- they are vases with flutey, ribbony edges. I'm not a huge fan of overly themed rooms, but I do like themey bathrooms (themey kids rooms are cute too). Our master bath isn't too themey- unless you count the color blue as a theme. I like bathrooms to be clean and serene.

Now, go check out everyone else's bathrooms!

No comments: