Sunday, September 18, 2005

Cribs & Cub Scouts


Saturday Shannon and I headed out to the mall so I could pick up a little present for my MIL's birthday. I also had a pair of shoes to exchange at Nordstrom that my inlaws had given me. I think I'm the only woman in the world who didn't find a pair of shoes at Nordstom Saturday during their big end of season clearance. So armed with my refund Shannon (with a new pair of fabulous shoes) and I headed over to USA Baby for their big sale. We didn't buy anything there, but when we walked in there in front of us was Ling Ling's nursery, just as I had invisioned it, sort of- I mean it's a store display so there would be minor changes. I took a picture to show you but my camera is acting up and it just looked like a psychotic mess.
I have no idea how much these things should cost so I sure didn't want to buy something and be ripped off. We've still got plenty of time for furniture shopping anyway. I'm just so excited about the whole idea now!
When Shannon first got to the house and rang the doorbell I had just finished drying my hair and my pants were still in the dryer downstairs. So I ran to the door and opened it with wild hair and no pants. Shannon was standing there next to my 7 year old next door neighbor Cub Scout. He's looking up at me with wild eyes and I went completely stupid in a matter of seconds. I said hey to Shannon and looked down at little Noah and said "Hey Noah are you selling popcorn for the Cub Scouts?". He just nodded, eyes bulging. So I said nice and loud, "I don't have any pants on!". Luckily Shannon had the presence of mind to lean in, grab the doorhandle and pull it closed while instructing me to put on pants and meet them downstairs in a few minutes. I made sure the door was unlocked, ran and put on pants and made my hair presentable. By the time I got downstairs Shannon was standing there with a big tin of popcorn. Seems my no pants episode cost her $8 in carmel corn!

No comments: