Friday, May 26, 2006

Hospice & PCOS

I spoke with my Nanny this week and my Pappy is on hospice. They are giving him 3-6 mos, but it is doubtful he'll go the full 6. I'm going to try and go to Florida to see him soon.

My PCOS is kicking my @ss again. I realize that this is a blog published on the internet and therefore I censor some things. But I've gotten some really supportive emails from fellow PCOSers and I've realized I should share more. If you aren't familiar with PCOS- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, click here for more info. I have most of the symptoms. The main one I'm dealing with right now is bleeding. I don't have a regular period. Example: Since last August I've had my period in August, January for 2 weeks, Feb for the last 2 weeks of the month, March for the first 3 weeks of the month, and now for the last 3 weeks. When it gets really prolonged and heavy I've had to have d& c's and am usually put on a ton of meds. The problem right now, besides the constant bleeding, nausea, headaches, backaches, cramps, and did I mention bleeding?, is that my mom is getting married on a beach next week and I intend on being there. However, if I don't stop bleeding by Tuesday my doctor won't let me go and I may end up in the hospital again for another d&c. Fun! So I'm picking up a new prescription today and will be taking iron supplements to fend off anemia until the bleeding (hopefully) stops. Cross your fingers for me!

No comments: