Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Visit recap

Well, Lisa is safely back in Baltimore. I'm so glad she came. We had a great time!
Thursday night I picked her up from the airport and we came home with dinner and sobbed through Grey's while Jon snickered.
Friday we got some breakfast, went grocery shopping for Saturday night's dinner ingredients, then took my little sister Morgan to the cardiologist (she's having heart palpitations and had to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours. We should have the results in a few days). Lisa was amazed at the grocery store where I shop. They have little hand held scanners that you scan your groceries with while you shop. Then all you have to do at the front of the store is pay. It saves so much time. She couldn't believe you could shop on the honor system. Anyway, after the doctor we went to a late lunch, dropped Morgan off at home, then raced home to freshen up. We had a Circle that night. It was a lot of fun and we collected a huge amount of donations for Summit House.
Saturday Lisa & I hung out at the house preparing for a dinner party that night. We made 2 ginormous lasagnes and I put together a little salad bar. My next door neighbors C & D & their kids came over, as well as Sara, my nephews, Papa, Gigi, Morgan & her bfriend Moe. Including the baby there were 15 of us. C made brownies and cake for dessert and we all had a good time over dinner.
Sunday Lisa & I went to lunch at a diner where they had a new twist on the "suicide" (where you mix a whole bunch of sodas in one glass)- they add dill pickles to it! I've heard of peanuts in Coke, but dill pickles?? Then we made a Target stop where we discovered a Jamba Juice!!! I was so excited! I've heard of Jamba on LJC's blog for years, but had no idea we had one in the next town over! Lisa & I each enjoyed a smoothie on the way home then settled in to watch the Oscars. It was so much more enjoyable to watch the Oscars with a dvr. We could fast forward right through acceptance speeches and awards of categories &/or people we weren't interested in. Cut that 3+ hour show down to just about 2.
Monday we chilled out and put off packing her up for as long as we could. Then we hit Bojangles again so she could take some biscuits home to Pete and I dropped her off at the airport. I missed her as soon as I got home.

1 comment:

foodiechickie said...

Sounds like you gals had a swell time. Good luck to Morgan. I hope everything is ok! I like your table display and sald bar. And Jamba Juice so rocks.