Thursday, February 01, 2007

Snow day

Today we had a bit of a snow. At my house we got maybe 2 inches. The whole city was shut down. Other parts of town got a bit more though, in some parts up to 5 inches. It was Molly's first snow and at first she didn't know what to think of it. She quickly formed an opinion though and decided she wasn't much of a fan. Kiki decided a couple of years ago that the best place to be on a snowy day is inside. So no snowy Kiki pics.

After getting CSP off to work I met up with my neighbor C & her 2 daughters E & M for some snow play. C's husband D stayed inside with baby boy C. I wore my Crocs boots * and was all excited about it too. Then as play time came to an end I realized my boots had some serious suction going on with my feet (even though I'd sprinkled them with baby powder as advised). So I asked C if she could help me get my boots off. I sat on her 3rd step of her stairs and she stood on the floor and pulled with all her might. By the time both boots were off we had worked up a sweat, laughed hysterically, did some serious huffing and puffing, and I was on the floor 5 feet from the stairs- she had pulled me all that way! Her husband D was holding the baby and threatening to get the camera the whole time. Her girls were on either side of me wide eyed. The 2 1/2 year old said to me "Wow, that was close Miss Shannon." Indeed.

*By the way, while getting the link for this post I noticed that Crocs has some new models coming out for Spring. WAY cute ones too in fabulous color combos. Damn you Crocs and your adorable, yet comfy shoes!! Don't you know I'm on a budget?! Oh well, a girl can dream, right?

2 comments:

foodiechickie said...

That is a funny story. Glad you made friends in your new town.

Andrea said...

Did you have hickeys on the bottoms of your feet from the suction? hehe

The other day I was reading your post about your sister being able to lick her elbow. I clicked on the picture to enlarge it. The fire alarms went off and we had to evacuate the building. I was standing outside thinking, "Crap! On my computer screen is some girl licking her elbow. If I don't get back before everyone else...people are going to wonder."