Sunday, March 20, 2005

Where I am crowned local jackass queen

Everyone's a jackass sometime right? I've got two examples over the last couple of weeks of my jackassiness. I hope in this case it doesn't come in threes.
1. My new nephew Joey is being baptized in a couple of weeks. The entire family is coming to town for this event so it's been a frequent topic of conversation lately. For the last few weeks I'd been calling it "Joey's baptismal". Baptismal is actually an adjective. I'd like to think I'm a smart girl and here I've been running around talking about a baptismal to anyone who'd listen. Finally Lisa corrected me. It went something like this:

L: Sweetie, it's not baptismal, it's a baptism.
S: Dag. I'm such a jackass. Ok. Baptism. (sounding it out like I'm on Sesame Street or something)
L: Just say Christening. You can't screw that up.

That's what friends are for.

2. We eat Chinese take out a lot. So much so that the people that work there know us by voice and don't even take our names when we call in. They just say "ok- 10 minutes". We walk in and hear "Last Name!" called out like Norm on Cheers. Well it's a good thing they like us because we pulled up to the restaurant the other night and I looked in my purse and my wallet wasn't there. I asked Jon for his. He was counting on me bringing mine so he was empty handed. Jimshun saw me pull up and had put our bag on the counter (it was slow). I had to go in. I went in and told him what happened and he said don't worry about it pay me later and let us go! How awesome is that?! Only in a small town I tell you. I felt like such a punk leaving there with free food for the night. But I did promise to go back and pay him the next day. Yeah, this is the part where we forget about our tab at China East May I help You for a couple of days then we have to order Chinese again because we forgot about the tab and I have to sheepishly remind Jimshun under my breath when I'm paying and I hope to God noone heard me. It is a small town you know.

Please tell me I'm not alone and that you've been a jackass lately too?

No comments: