Thursday, March 17, 2005

Erin Go Pug!

This year we skipped doing St. Patty's day picture cards since Easter is so close this year. So I'm recycling last year's card for this blog. I'm not making corned beef & cabbage to the shame of my Irish relatives I'm sure. But I did eat some Lucky Charms so that counts right? =)

I realized that even though it's been decided in our minds I haven't officially posted that we have officially decided to adopt a little girl from China. We're currently trying to decide which agency to go through. We're really excited. It's going to take a while (around 2 years- hopefully less), a lot of money and patience, but I know in my heart that it is meant to be. I was looking at some personal adoption stories of people who adopted from China and I just cried looking at those sweet babies. Beautiful children who are unwanted in their home country but are completing homes in this country. I read this Chinese proverb on one site that said something about how a red thread connects us to each other from birth until we are united. I thought about wearing a red thread bracelet until my baby comes home. I just hope noone thinks I'm Britney or Madonna wearing a Kabbalah red bracelet. Heh.

So now I'll be talking about adoption as well as pugs and travel and crafts etc. Hope you guys will want to hang out and see where this new adventure takes us!

No comments: