Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Cruisin With the Oldies

My Mom and I went to visit my Grandmommy the other day. She's the one who lives in a rural area about an hour and a half south of here. I don't know if you remember, but she's the one who's boyfriend Ray lives in the trailer on the next lot. He's the one who fell drunk out of a tree, had a heart attack on the way down, and landed on his face where he stayed for 2 days before anyone found him. Heh. Anyway, we go down to visit with her and go out to lunch. While out at lunch she tells us about how she's always wanted to go on a cruise, an Alaskan cruise, but the length of an Alaskan cruise is a little intimidating. So she wants to try out a shorter Caribbean cruise, and she wants to go with Ray. Oh Lord. So my Mom says why not let Shannon do some research for you on the web and get you a good deal? I said I would be happy to plan it for her. Grandmommy said "Well, I already paid some money on it." Oh.

me- So where are you going?
G- I don't know.
me- Ok, so when are you leaving?
G- I don't know. I have a book on it at home.
Mom jumped in and said we'll just look at it when we get home.
So we have lunch then drive home and I ask for the cruise book. Now, the book I got when Lisa and I cruised last explained all the details of our specific trip, including info about our cabin and shore excursions. Grandmommy's just talked about cruising with Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and then there was a section on vacationing in Florida. I point this out and she hands me the other information that came with it.

OH MY WORD. My Grandmommy, bless her heart, has not put down a deposit on a cruise. No, she has signed up to be a travel agent. A TRAVEL AGENT! And none of the information actually tells her how to be a travel agent, or gives her any instructional information. So we took the packet so we can get it canceled and hopefully get her money back. Grandmommy needs to quit watching tv and go play shuffleboard or something!

1 comment:

foodiechickie said...

Ooooh noooo. I hope she gets her money back!