Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Little Miss Clepto


Last week I won free passes to an advance screening of Little Miss Sunshine. I took my mom with me to see it since she's a big fan of Greg Kinnear. We stood in the long line then grabbed our seats. Then I went out to the counter for beverages. When I got back to the seats my mom asked where was the popcorn? I didn't get any cause I thought we'd go out after the movie. A few minutes later this guy sat down 2 seats over from my mom with a ginormous bucket of popcorn. My mom asked him where were his friends that were going to help him eat all that? He laughed and we all waited for the movie to start. At one point he left the theatre. Big mistake. My mom (who'd been drooling over the thought of popcorn), jumped into action. "Make a basket with your shirt! Or your napkin! Hurry!" she yelled/whispered at me while scooping out this poor man's popcorn! I'm sure the people around us thought we were insane. Plus, I pointed out to my mom that wouldn't the guy notice us crunching on popcorn we didn't have prior to his potty break?? We spent the next few minutes trying to sneak our popcorn into our mouths and chew silently while the rightful movie snack owner sat mere inches away. Oy the pressure of improperly procured popcorn.
The movie was fabulous. An instant favorite. I laughed so hard it hurt. And so did the rest of the crowd. I've already got it in my Netflix queue. Go see it. But bring your own snacks.

No comments: